Vehicle traffic in Regina restricted as REAL district hosts plethora of events – Regina
It is a very busy day at the Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) District in Regina as sports teams and Frost festival goers make their way to the district.
Saskatchewan father-son duo goes viral after building hockey rink on Buffalo Pound Lake
Part of the Sun breaks free and forms a strange vortex, baffling scientists
There are several events happening that will impact accessibility and parking, including:
- Frost at REAL from noon to 10 p.m. including events at the Viterra International Trade Centre, Confederation Park and surrounding area with fireworks starting in the Park at 10 p.m.
- Soccer programming will be happening all day at the AffinityPlex.
- Regina Pats game at 7 p.m. with the doors opening at 6 p.m. at the Brandt Centre
- University of Regina Cougar’s women’s hockey game at 3 p.m.
- Hockey Regina U13A Hockey Tournament – Co-operators Centre
- Sledge Hockey Tournament – Co-operators Centre
In addition, access to the REAL District will be restricted to through traffic.
‘A sport on fire’: How the exponential growth of pickleball has served up controversy
U.S. shoots down ‘high-altitude’ object over Alaska near Canadian border
“We will have free parking available on-site, however, spots will be limited,” REAL said in a release. “Premium priority exit parking is available directly in front of the Viterra International Trade Centre ($10/vehicle).”
There is a free Frost shuttle available starting at 12 p.m. from the other hubs (the Warehouse District, Wascana, and the downtown core).
Estimated $1.5M brought into the WHL from Connor Bedard: CKM Sports Management
Exclusive: Widow’s 911 call before James Smith Cree Nation murders reveals prior violence
All Pats ticket holders will be given free admission to Frost by showing their ticket at either the Brandt Centre or Viterra International Trade Centre gate to receive a wristband.
“With limited on-site parking available, you are encouraged to carpool with others, use rider share or taxi services, or take public transit,” REAL said.
“We ask for your patience and understanding as our staff works to ensure everyone gets to their destination. Please plan ahead and aim to arrive early.”
Frost Regina is coming back for the 2nd year in a row
© 2023 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.